I have been taking the Youtheory collagen for about a month now, I have it on the auto subscription on Amazon so I don’t run out. There are many known benefits of collagen and here are some of the benefits:
- May improve skin health – we know that a major component of our skin is collagen and it essentially plays a roll in strengthening our skin. Fact is- as you get older your body produces less collagen and this can cause your skin to look dry and wrinkles become more predominant.
- May relieve joint pain- Collagen helps maintain the integrity of your cartilage, the rubber-like tissue that protects your joints- again as you age and the collagen levels decrease you will start to have joint pain.
- May prevent bone loss- bones are mostly made of collagen which give them structure and strength- with age you produce less collagen and therefor decreases bone density and increase the risk of broken bones.
- May boost muscle mass- collagen is a major protein in the skeletal system
- May prompt heart health- Collagen provides structure to your arteries, the blood vessels that carry blood from your heart to the rest of your body. Without enough collagen, arteries may become less flexible and elastic.
- May benefit Hair and nails – Taking collagen may increase the strength of your nails by preventing brittleness. Additionally, it may help your hair and nails grow longer
Personally the benefit I have seen is in my skin, I have always struggled with larger pore size and my monthly visits to get hydro facials have substantially helped my skin. However, in the month I have taken the collagen supplement my pores have shrunk AND my skin looks so smooth. Also, my hair and nails look great (similar results to the daily biotin I used to take a few years ago).
The other speculated benefits are all long term effects, and if they are true there is no harm. The only CON that I can think of is the serving size- its SIX tablets per day and they are not small- although they don’t taste bad so it could have been worst.
I am going to go ahead and share the direct link to the product I order incase you want to try it: CLICK HERE