We just got an air fryer and I was super excited to use it. The first thing we made with it was shrimp which turned out amazing! We have a GoWise air fryer, I linked the exact one we have.
To make the salad use the following ingredients, I just eyeballed how much of each ingredient I wanted to use and chopped everything up:
- Napa Cabbage
- Red Cabbage
- Shredded carrots- I just bought a pre shredded bag to save time
- Red bell pepper
- English Cucumber
- Cooked Shelled Edamame- I bought it frozen and cooked it in a microwave safe bowl for 4.5 minutes
- Peanuts- I used roasted unsalted peanuts
After you chop everything up, don’t add the dressing until you are going to serve the salad. You can also store the salad overnight and add dressing the next day. This is a great recipe for meal prep! I paired my salad with homemade peanut dressing. In a blender blend together the following ingredients:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon (or to taste) red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
I added some water to dilute the dressing, I also tasted it at the end, and ended up adding a little more ginger and soy sauce. I used the small attachment to my ninja to avoid having to clean the whole blender when I was done.
The last step is to air fry the shrimp. I peeled and cleaned the shrimp, I suggest fresh shrimp as opposed to frozen shrimp. I then breaded the shrimp in the following order: flour–> egg wash –> panko and stuck it in the air fryer. I sprayed the breaded shrimp lightly with avocado oil. The key things are time and temperature when cooking in the air fryer. I cooked it at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. About half way through, I pulled out the bucket and shook the shrimp around. This meal took about 20 minutes to make, the longest part was cutting the vegetables!