- 1 slab EXTRA FIRM TOFU: dry with a paper towel and cut into cubes
- 1 tbs flour
- 1-2 green bell pepper sliced into thin strips
- 3 packets of ramen noodles (uncooked)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3/4 cup soy sauce low sodium
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth low sodium, or no sodium added
- 4 cloves garlic minced cloves garlic minced
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbs minced ginger
- 3 green onions chopped (optional garnish)
- black sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- Take the diced tofu and toss it in flour: bake it at 350° on a greased pan until it gets crispy. I just kept an eye on it and baked it for 20-30 minutes.
- Make the sauce: cook the minced garlic and ginger in sesame oil and add soy sauce+ chicken broth+ chili flakes (you can add more if you want) + brown sugar. Reduce heat and let it cook for 20-30 minutes until it thickens. I didn’t use all the sauce only about half for this dish- I stored the rest to use later.
- Sauté the green pepper in oil and put aside
- Cook the ramen. I just add the uncooked ramen to a mixing bowl and add boiling water over it and mix around for about 1 minute and strain- this prevents the noodles from getting overcooked.
- Mix the crispy tofu + sautéed green pepper + noodles together top with green onions and black sesame seeds (or regular sesame seeds) and enjoy